Thursday, August 7, 2008

Monterey Bay Aquarium


Yesterday, August 6th, Shelby and I got to go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium with my Dad, Mom, and my nephew Barrett. It was seriously TONS of fun. The last time I was at the Aquarium was when i was about 13. wow. Seems like forever. :-)

So we started out our day at Grammy's house (Shelby's Great Great Grandma) and had a nice healthy breakfast...OATMEAL! I love Oatmeal. :-) Shelby got to meet her Great Aunt Laurel (which was such a treat to see (Laurel fell hard for her...I can tell)). Then we said our goodbyes and piled into my Mom-Mobile! lol (sorry Jen..I stole that from you).

We drove CA-17 to CA-1 all the way to Monterey and made our first stop at a nice restaurant on Cannery Row (really good veggie burgers!) We had a lot of fun watching Barrett make a mess out of his food (toddlers are so much fun to hang out with!) Then we walked around and shopped a little bit (I can never turn down a nice shirt for Geoff (he's always destroying them by working on the Jeep)).

We finally made our way down to the Aquarium and started out Journey through the Ocean. :-) My dad was super awesome and paid for all of us! What a gentleman. (I love you Daddy!) We had the chance to touch some starfish and look at the wave pools (which we really neat to look at since they would dump all this water above us but with glass protecting us). I really enjoyed the Jellyfish exhibit (which I think Barrett liked too because he kept trying to grab them through the glass). It was cool going to the Ocean side because they had the REALLY big tanks with the sharks and gigantic fish. There were some really weird looking fish. We saw penguins and otters and sharks and manta rays and ducks, it was really fun. :-)

I didn't really take any pictures except for the one at the beginning. Sorry. But my dad did. So you should ask him. :-) Until next time...Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: