Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Shelby Trying to Walk and other updates

Our little angel is growing up so fast. So in the past few months a lot has happened. Shelby has learned to clap and she does so at least once an hour. :-) Whenever we say "good job!" she starts to clap and smiles really big. Then she started standing on her own. She's been standing for quite some time but now she stands up by herself. Well once she learned how to stand on her own, she also learned how to sit back down/squat without falling. So she's mastered that now. :-) She's recently learned how to "high-five" and will give you a high five whenever you ask for one. She's tried walking a few times but it always ends in her falling on her face. Well yesterday she took 3 steps to me and didn't fall. And then this morning she took 3 steps to the couch. I think we might have an early walker. Both Geoff and I were early walkers so I'm hoping Shelby is too. :-) She's very mobile now since she's a speedy crawler. And she can turn a clean living room into a tornado zone in less than 2 minutes. But it's worth it. I have to clean every couple hours but as long as Shelby's having fun and learning, then I don't mind it at all. She has a lot of freedom in our home and I think that it's benefiting her. Not too many areas are off-limits so she can explore freely. Here are some pictures of our little angel. :-)



Shelby playing in the kitchen and Geoff teasing her

Here she is doing a squat so she doesn't fall on the way down. Oh, and she can hold her own bottle all by herself. I'm telling you, I have it good. My kid does all the work. :-)

This is her pissed off look. She stands up and then starts to shake because she gets so upset. She tries to walk but it's hard. She has to really concentrate. But she is getting good at standing up and sitting back down. And she climbs up on EVERYTHING. Even your legs!

Shelby LOVES the park so we try to go everyday. She was crawling all over the playground and climbing on everything.

Hi mommy! I see you!

Her first time in a tree! She thought it was sooo cool! She kept squealing because she was happy!

We had a picnic in the park with grapes and strawberries. Yummy!

She doesn't let me feed her anymore. She likes to do all the work. She always picks the biggest pieces too. hahaha!

She was so fascinated with the other kids at the park. She was people watching. Shelby loves swings!

We walked to the park without a stroller so I carried her in my sweater. It was a long walk. And then the squirrels kept coming right up to us. I think they wanted food or something but I took a picture of one close up.

Shelby and I enjoying the fresh air. Here's my little rascal always refusing to nap. She just climbs up and stands jumping on her bed.

We have stuffed animals and rubber ducky's on her window sill. She loves to pull them all down and play with them in her crib when she's not ready for nap time.

She loves her little stuffed animal friends. Shelby is such a happy baby and is always smiling.

Here's the look she learned from her daddy. :-) The evil grin/mischievious child look. Sometimes on our walks Shelby takes naps. Here's one of the few times so I had to take a picture.

We bought some pizza and Geoff decided to let Shelby try some. So here are some pics. At first she made a funny face but then I think she liked it.

She only ate a small piece. We went to Ikea and Geoff put Shelby in a bin of pillows.

The guys were relaxing on the couch when Shelby decided to join them. :-)

This is Shelby's attack system. She analyzing the target, then attacks! :-)


Shelby playing with her Daddy. She loves hanging out with Geoff in the evenings.

Shelby loves mommy time too! And here she is trying to steal the camera!

I hope you enjoyed the update!

No comments: