Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's December!

So much has happened since I last did a post. Shelby is bigger than ever and growing sooo fast! She's not a fan for rolling over (bummer) but she loves to sit, stand, kneel, kick, grab, pinch, laugh, love, smile, giggle, etc. She is such a happy baby and I love her so much! 

So...in this picture she had ORIGINALLY been sitting up. She was playing with a bunch of her toys. WELL, I went into the kitchen to get some water and when I came back...this is how I found her. hahaha! My spider monkey baby!

I'm a lover of books and it looks like Shelby will be too! Her Auntie Jen gave her a bunch of cool books and she gets to read them EVERYDAY! :-) Thanks Jen!

Barrett and Shelby. Oh Boy. These two kids are inseperable when they're together. It is just too cute for words!

Look at this picture CLOSELY. You see Shelby's body and then you see arms...But where is the head belonging to those arms???? Shelby is in the process of trying to decapitate her father. 


Like I said before, Shelby isn't fond of rolling over. This is her new move. She LOVES to be in the crawling position. She doesn't move yet. She just sits in this position and stares at her toys. And then she face plants anytime she tries to grab a toy. She's getting a lot better though. 

This is actually Barrett's toy but Shelby was borrowing it. It's a mini table with lots of different buttons to push that play songs and talk to you in Spanish. It's pretty cool. She was definitely enjoying this toy. And she stands up so well!
Shelby and I made a trip to Sacramento and we had the pleasure of hanging out with Tower and Ben. It was a delightful trip. We went to K Street Mall, then to Old Sacramento, then to Sutter's Fort, then to the Sacramento Zoo, and our last stop was Denny's. Here is Shelby sitting in her first high chair at Denny's. Good job Shelby!

This is Shelby's lunch chair. She has many little gadgets to play with but this is also where she gets to eat her baby food and drink water. She LOVES water. So here she is enjoying a nice cold drink of water out of her sippy cup. :-) 

I told you she likes sitting in a crawl position. Here she is trying to get to her ball. She ALMOST got it...then she face planted. She's one tough cookie though. She'll keep trying and trying til she gets it. :-)

Shelby is quite the eater! She LOVES food. :-) Anytime you eat around her, I guarantee that she will try to eat your food. It's quite endearing. This is how happy she is when it's carrot day. She LOVES carrots. So far, that's her favorite. She DOES NOT like peas. I don't blame her. haha. She does like Sweet Potato though. :-) Today will be her first day with fruit...I'll let you know how she takes it. 

Thanks for tuning in to our Shelby updates. We love you all. 

Love, 

The Kniesch Family

1 comment:

ashley.nicole said...

I miss that little face!! I can't believe she's sitting up on her own now! She is getting so big. You're such a good mommy.